Becoming a board member – how you can, and why you should, consider taking on a governance role
Tuesday, 29 November 2022
Join the WBF for an online CPD on becoming a board member – including how you can, and why you should, consider taking on a governance role. Jennifer Robertson (CEO, Board Matters) and Dominique Hogan-Doran SC will present, with Naomi Sharp SC as facilitator.
The session will be of interest to both barristers who have sat on boards already and those with no existing governance experience. Topics will include:
- An overview of what a board role typically involves
- The sorts of positions you might consider applying for
- What makes a strong candidate
- Steps you can take to make your application more competitive
- Essential skills for board members
- Managing board commitments alongside practice as a barrister
This webinar will NOT be recorded.
|Date & Times||Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 5:00pm - 6:00pm|
|CPD Strand||Practice Management and Business Skills|
|Committee||Women Barristers Forum|
Online via Zoom Webinar